The remote quality assurance technician is responsible for checking LockTrip Ltd. software products and blockchain for defects, glitches or issues. The Remote QA tester will run various manual and automated tests on the proprietary software to ensure it meets all standards and guidelines and is ready to be marketed to consumers. Upon issue/s identification, the QA tester has to generate report/s, works with software developers to correct issues, and upgrade databases as required.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities
· Run Tests on the blockchain, new software and applications.
· To create QA reports and file bug tickets based on the outcome of QA test cycles.
· To provide feedback to developers and product managers around UI/UX based on test outcomes.
· To perform Front-end testing of website applications.
· To create test plans, requirements, scenarios and test data for use during testing.
· To assist software developers with design processes
· Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
Run Tests on New Software and Applications
In their main role, the remote QA testers run various tests on new software products to ensure that programs satisfy all specifications and requirements. They identify any problems and run debugging programs to fix issues. Once issues have been resolved, QA testers run additional tests before products are issued for sale to consumers.
Record Defects and Issue Reports
The remote QA testers record all defect details, creating and distributing reports outlining the types of defects found and the steps taken to resolve these issues. Maintaining documentation, such as change logs, regarding software and application defects helps QA testers recognize similar problems in the future and to provide quick resolution.
Assist Software Developers with Design Processes
The remote QA testers apply their knowledge early in the software development process. They work closely with developers to recognize the potential for any operational issues, assess risks, and resolve issues before the new software is complete.
Overall skills and abilities
· Applying testing programs to new software
· Identifying bugs in new systems and understanding how to resolve them
· Generating reports describing defects and resolutions
· Ensuring that new software products are ready for consumer use
· Working with development teams to prevent issues with new products
Interpersonal Skills to satisfy the main duties of this profession
· Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and written communication skills
· Attention to detail and self-motivation
· Ability to work closely with teams of designers, engineers, and other related personnel while also being able to work independently as needed.
· Ability to display good judgment and be able decision-makers capable of exercising
· Strong self time management skills
Chain of command
The Remote QA tester reports directly to the Head of Back-End Senior Java Developer and the CEO.
LockTrip is a blockchain-powered marketplace & technology, where hoteliers and property owners can rent their property globally, collect money and manage bookings without paying any commissions to middlemen. Every booking burns LOC proportionally to its booking value, continuously reducing its total supply.