ABOUT THE COMPANY
IGE+XAO Balkan is part of the IGE+XAO Group - a leading software publisher which, for over 35 years, has been designing and developing a wide range of CAD and PLM software products, intended to assist manufacturers in the production and maintenance of electrical installations. Being present in all business sectors of the market (Craftsmen & Very Small Companies, SME/SMI, and Large Industrial Companies), IGE+XAO offers complete and integrated solutions for the creation, management and calculation of various electrical installation projects.
The products from our software range are applicable in numerous industrial fields, such as automobile construction, aircraft, transportation, energy production, agricultural industry, chemical industry, metallurgy, public building construction. Our biggest clients are Airbus, Renault Group, Volkswagen, Honda, Rolls-Royce Marine, Alstom, ABB, Honeywell, and many more.
As of January 2018, the IGE+XAO Group has been part of the large international family of Schneider Electric.
IGE+XAO Balkan is a strong contributor to the overall development and success of some of the key software solutions offered by the company. In our teams we value personal motivation for excellence and technical skills as much as trust, collaboration and creativity.
To support the Documentation team, we are looking for a qualified and EXPERIENCED TECHNICAL WRITER who is:
• Self-motivated, proactive and goal oriented
• Excellent team player, with a high degree of autonomy at the same time
• Skilled in creating high-quality content, with attention to detail and timelines
• Passionate about translating complex information into simple, polished, and engaging language
• Eager to dive into a diversity of CAD software products and web applications
• Enthusiastic about working in a distributed, multinational and multicultural environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Technical Writer you will create, edit, review and update various types of end-user documentation, including help documents, training manuals, user guides, installation guides, tutorials, release notes and/or What’s new documents.
You will be independently running or collaborating on documentation projects, dedicated to different products and software solutions. You might be working on several small to midsize projects simultaneously, or on a single bigger project.
You will interact with customer-facing teams to create information resources that do not just document product functionalities but also support and contribute to the organization’s goals, driving demand for the technical writing service.
• Create, produce and maintain world-class product documentation that meets the needs of the target audience, and complies with the organizational standards
• Evaluate existing documentation content to identify areas of improvement for maximum usability.
• Proactively research product changes to determine the scope of editing for the assigned documentation
• Collaborate closely with product managers, internal R&D teams and other technical staff or subject matter experts on documentation requirements
• Gather information from appropriate sources to create comprehensive and structured content, maintaining a coherent style across all documentation
• Communicate effectively with quality specialists, sales engineers, and support teams for identifying customers needs and content gaps
• Ensure that all end-user documents are compliant with the organizational style guidelines and templates
• Ensure all-around consistency (styles, fonts, images, and tone).
Required Education, Qualifications & Competences:
• BS or MS degree in a technical (or linguistic) field
• 3+ years of experience in technical writing, preferably in a team of writers
• Excellent command of English (reading and writing); expertise in written English is mandatory
• Broad knowledge of all aspects of technical content creation, development and design
• Facility with structured writing
• Notion of topic-based authoring
• Familiarity with MadCap Flare is a plus.
Skills & Abilities you would need to be successful:
• Analytical and process-orientated mindset
• Solid prioritization, organization, and project management skills
• Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and communicate them clearly by using a simple, polished and concise language, while paying strong attention to detail
• Ability to conduct research into technology specifics and interpret them
• Ability to handle several tasks at a time, and set deliverable deadlines accordingly
• Sound written and verbal communication skills.
What would make you stand out:
• High level of self-management, quality awareness and customer focus
• Thorough understanding of the principles of minimalism and single sourcing
• Relevant experience in 2D electrical (schematic) and/or 3D panel design would be greatly beneficial.
The company offers:
• Attractive remuneration package – competitive salary and annual bonus scheme
• Flexible working conditions and hybrid working mode, including a combination of remote and on site
• Challenging job for a trusted employer, which is a global leader in the energy management field
• Stable and friendly work environment
• Perfect work-life balance - 25 days of paid annual leave, regular team buildings and celebrations
• Additional Health Insurance
• Multisport card
• Food vouchers.
Should you consider yourself the right candidate for this role, please send us your CV in English.
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.