REWE Group is one of the leading retail and tourism companies in Europe with an annual turnover of more than 60 billion EUR. We employ around 360,000 people at home and abroad. Our major brands include REWE, Penny, Billa, Mercury, BIPA, ITS, DER, Meier's Weltreisen, Jahn Reisen and Toom Baumarkt.
REWE digital is the pioneer for the digitisation of REWE Group. We are the driving force in digital food trading - and our goal is always the perfect digital supermarket. With agile working methods and interdisciplinary teams in Sofia, Cologne (Headquarters) and Ilmenau, we are approaching this goal step by step. The focus is always on the exchange with colleagues - regardless of department or function.
If you are an innovating developer, who wants to work with cutting-edge technologies, then REWE Digital Bulgaria is the perfect opportunity for you.
What you will do:
- Contribute to our Microservice architecture deployed in Google Cloud (GKE)
- Develop and deploy backend services with Spring Boot 2 and Java 11
- Implement Angular 10/11 and Android frontends
- Use and enhance our infrastructure based on Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Gradle, Git, etc
- Participate in code reviews, pair programming, knowledge exchange with your colleagues
Learn new things every day
What we are looking for:
- OOP principles, algorithms, data structures, design patterns
- Understanding of core Java (collections, I/O, concurrency, generics)
- Test frameworks - JUnit, Mockito
- SQL (MySQL or other RDBMS)
- Version control (preferably Git)
- 5+ years experience with some of the above
Any of the following is a plus:
- Angular 2+, Typescript
- Spring Framework
- Kafka, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Gradle, Docker
- Experience in cloud environment, preferably GCloud
- OAuth 2.0, web application security
- GitHub or Stackoverflow account
Pick-up and Delivery service
We rethink shopping and we are the digital center behind the delivery service
Research & Innovation
We'll be here the day after tomorrow.
We create logistics that think along with you
360-degree shopping experience
By using digital possibilities, we facilitate everyday shopping across all channels to provide all REWE Group customers with a 360-degree shopping experience and to make everything they need for their daily needs easily available, anytime and anywhere.